England--Ireland

Friday, June 15, 2007

Day 1 in Europe.

Nathan and I finally arrived after a LONG flight.
I was so excited, until we realized that my backpack was no where to be found.

I cried and had a bit of a mental breakdown.

Luckily the English are so nice!

They were WAY easier to work with than when the exact same thing happened coming home to Detroit Airport in December.

4 hours later, I had my bag and we were on our way.

We walked ALL over London.

Seriously. From Victoria Station in the south to Camden Town in the north en route to King's Cross to catch the train to Luton.

We had to head way up north to the airport to catch our early morning flight to Ireland.

Which meant, a night on the airport floor.

We were suprised to find so many weary travellers curled up on the floor right next to us.

So far, I haven't felt unsafe.

But I am glad Nathan is right next to me :)

We landed in Ireland this morning around 730am and have been walking around in the rain.

That kinda put a damper on the mood, but we are so happy to have a roof over our head, and the promise of a hot shower and a clean bed!

Yesterday I was so grumpy and tired I thought I was going to catch a flight home.

Then I remembered that I've been wanting to do this my whole life, and I can't let my sore feet stand in the way of a life time adventure :)

Now we are at our hostel waiting to be able to check in and get access to our room...

the staff is so kind! Seriously, our room wasn't ready so they made sure we had a place to put our bags and a couch to sleep on for the time being! We slept on the couch for a bit and then the guy at the hostel let us in to the room early so we could crash.

While we were at the front desk, my sister called. The guy just handed me the phone! How crazy is that? She got stranded in Belgium so they won't be able to get to Ireland until later this evening, but at least they are on their way :) and we have two places to sleep and food waiting for them when they arrive!

We're excited to be in Ireland!
We're going to go exploring in Dublin tomorrow, we'll let you know how it goes.

posted by Rachel Pede @ 5:59 AM   3 comments