study break

Thursday, May 31, 2007

So I'm tired of studying.
my exam is this upcoming Wednesday...
to be honest, I'm actually excited, because that means the studying will be over.
AND, I get to stay at Melissa's house.
AND, we get to have a fun party to celebrate being done tests with Sam.
I'm happy for that.

One other thing that made me happy was that today Nathan and I ate steak for dinner, no potatoes, no salad, just a piece of meat as big as my head.
Sorry to all you vegetarians out there, but it was delicious.
I'll do my part to better the world tomorrow.

Speaking of bettering the world...I was at Shoppers today just to photocopy something quickly so that I can apply for my CNO (nursing) registration, and some guy asked me to give money to a charity that looked a bit sketchy, and then gave me the worst look when I said "no thank you, not today."
I felt like the worst person in the world. He gave a mean scowl.
I wanted to say, I SAID NO THANK YOU.
Come on buddy. I could have said, "get the BLEEP out of my way and don't BLEEP bother me.
OR, I could have listed all the better ways to raise money for the charity, or told him about all the wonderful things I do to rationalize not putting money in his sketchy box.
Anyway, I was disgruntled.

Nathan is reading a book right now called "The Road to Hell" it's about how humanitarian aid hurts the world. Sounds interesting. I'm going to start a book similar to that called "The White Man's Burden." I'm curious as to what they are going to say...

I like learning. As much as I complain about studying, I do love it.
It will be weird not to have to study.
I think I will probably just take more classes and make up excuses to learn.
Because that is who I am, a big library loving nerdy-nerd.

I am eating ice cream cake right now.
Nathan and I got the best wedding gift from my room-mates. A bunch of envelopes with different dates in them, tonight we cashed in the free ice cream coupon. But, instead of just a cone, we bought a whole cake.
He's not home right now so I'm scarfing down.

I'm glad he's not home, that might sound mean, and I'm sorry to you Nathan, but I'm going to try to go to sleep before he gets home.
He is officially the worst sleeper.
He snores, he talks-tells stories even, rolls around until he is COMPLETELY comfortable, hits me, tries to steal covers (granted that I did steal in the first place), pokes me in the eye, slaps me on the head. All by 'accident'.
A few nights ago I was so mad, I kicked him.
I was so mad because after he woke me up, he just went right to sleep and I was lying there awake. Then I got so mad that my kick did nothing to bother him, so I kicked him again, harder.
I felt better after that.
Nathan doesn't remember a thing.

Tomorrow I have nothing to do, except study, so I'll probably sleep in.

posted by Rachel Pede @ 11:43 PM   4 comments