I've decided....

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

After a few days of mulling over the job offers, I've arrived at a decision.
Thankfully that decision was confirmed when I got a call today saying that I'd gotten the job I wanted.
It's with the Cardiac Care Unit in Sarnia.
The other offer I received was for the ICU, so it was a real tough decision.
I feel at peace with the choice though because I chatted with the best nurse in Sarnia, scratch that, the world.
She said that she thinks I'll really like it there, learn tons and grow in my abilities as a nurse, which is exactly what I'm looking for.
So, the job is for 7 months. And it is one of those government jobs that guarantees temporary full time work. It's a sweet position because it is pretty much like a 7 month orientation into the nursing world. I get to start slow, with a preceptor/mentor and learn the ropes without being thrown into a situation I can't handle.
After that, the manager talked to me about keeping me on and hiring me part-time. Which is exactly what I was looking for...so it was exciting to hear they weren't just going to ditch me after the orientation.
The best part is that after talking to the managers they are totally cool with me leaving to go to Europe so I don't have to worry at all about not having a job when I get back.
I think I start toward the end of August, so I might even have some time to rest and relax after backpacking before I jump right into my nursing career.
I'm super excited today.
We're going to the Mielke's house to celebrate.
:)

posted by Rachel Pede @ 4:59 PM   2 comments