brotherly love to the big apple

Friday, February 23, 2007

So yesterday Nathan and I drove from Philly to New York City.
It extended our driving time but we were hoping to have some fun in the Big Apple.
It turned out to be an awful day. Pouring rain!
And all that driving around in Manhattan traffic wasn't the best experience.
We wanted to park and walk around, or take public transit, but with the weather, that wouldn't have been much better.
However, I did get to see the Empire State Building, Madison Square Gardens, the fashion district, Times Square, Grand Central Station and the Statue of Liberty. Not bad for a few hours in NY. We even parked in the U.S. Homeland Security area with our Canadian plates just to get a picture of Lady Liberty. It was pretty freaking hilarious. Parking is simply a night mare and after driving around and around for what felt like hours, we were willing to risk it at that point.
I made sure to get an I heart NY t-shirt, like a good tourist, while Nathan just laughed at me.
After what felt like hours in rush hour traffic, we finally made it off the island and back to Jersey, heading north to Syracuse.
The weather was really bad so we had to pull over, but at least we were safe!
I was sad not to be able to stay in Scranton again like last time, just because I love The Office so much!
All in all, the two cities are completely different, but I was glad we went to both NY and Philly, but after sooo many hours of driving, it is nice to be back home.
After two more hours tomorrow, I'll be back in Hamilton.
Too bad I have to work nights.
Oh well, it was a wonderful vacation.
I'm looking forward to many more roadtrips with Nathan.

posted by Rachel Pede @ 8:39 PM   0 comments