FENDER BENDER

Sunday, January 21, 2007

I was driving home last night from FRWY and I was stopped at a red light on King Street. Right near Caroline..(I think, to be honest, it was kinda a blur. I was so shocked I didn't know what to do, I wasn't thinking straight)
Anyway, it was just before Jackson Square...near the Burlington bus stop connection.

The roads were pretty slippery, but I didn't think it would end up in an accident.

I was fully stopped at a red light, and the car behind me drove right into my bumper.
The back of my baby is broken.
My poor Volvo needs a new bumper.

I don't think there was any damage to his car. His shiny silver Lexus SUV. Goodness.
Why my car? Just because it's ugly and old? Not fair.

Anyway, the guy tried to tell me there was no damage. I laughed in his face.
Then he tried to lift my bumper and put it back on the car, as if to say, there's no problem here. As he lifted my bumper, he broke off a piece. Smooth.
I laughed at him again and told him that there was definitely damage and that it needed to be fixed.

In that moment, I froze. I didn't get his driver's licence, his insurance information...I wrote down his name, on a scrap piece of paper. I got a cell phone number. And that's all he was going to give me.
Luckily, I'm not a complete idiot, and managed to write down his licence plate number and the make of his car as he was driving away. That's right, he told me he was late for a wedding (at 8:30pm on a Sunday) and proceeded to drive away.

Before he drove away I told him that I was a poor student and couldn't afford to fix the bumper and needed to know he would be trust-worthy to fix it. He assured me of the fact that my car would be fine.

I'm too naïve.

After a long night of phonecalls to the police, my parents, Nathan, insurance agents, and Pernell and Margie...I'm ready for bed.
Thank you guys for talking me through it...


Hopefully I'll have a better morning and get all this cleared up without too much hassle.

posted by Rachel Pede @ 10:14 PM   4 comments