The Engagement Story

Monday, October 02, 2006

Okay, so to avoid having to mass email out my story to all my friends, I'm just sending them a link to this post, sorry if you were there on Sunday or have heard this already.

So Nathan lied. He told me that he would be stopping by for a visit around 10pm after Frwy (my church service) and after Amazing Race. Needless to say, I didn't get to see Sunday's episode, and I couldn't be happier.
Melissa lied too. But it's okay, she was just lying for Nathan. She told me that she needed help with the kids downstairs in the Zone. I spent all church playing relay races and learning Bible verses. She really didn't need help, but that's okay. That gave Nathan time to show up at the Frwy. Not only Nathan, but all my family, his family and many special friends showed up to make it super special.
At 7:15, Erin Stanley came downstairs and threw Nathan's sweater over my head, I must say I was sneakingly suspicious that something was going on...
Erin and Melissa led me up the stairs as all the kids raced up to beat me. When I got upstairs, there was Nathan, sitting surrounded by all the children, reading them a story. Our story. Nathan made an amazing story book about us and read it to me (and the kids, and the 50 people or so there too) After the story was over Nathan asked me to marry him, and I didn't even give him a chance to get down on one knee before I leaped at him to say yes. YES!
Everyone there started to take pictures and celebrate with New Years horns, it was great. It was at that point that I hugged Erin and then realized that there were many more people to hug. What a great suprise. I'm so thankful alot of the people I love in the world were there to experience one of the best moments of my life.
Nathan's grandparents were even there from Florida!
I'm so excited today. I have a ring on my finger (which to honest, really means nothing to me, because I have the best fiance ever! FIANCE! Holy shoot...)

So everyone, make sure you keep May 5th open on your calendar. We're getting MARRIED.
I couldn't be happier.

posted by Rachel Pede @ 6:13 PM   13 comments