Paging Nurse Rachel

Friday, June 30, 2006

During the last few months before school ended, I took to watching Thursday night television with my lovely roommate Kristen. She loves the CSI and while I agree, I think I started to enjoy ER...
This is actually a good thing because today I found out that the tentative fourth year nursing clinical placements were up onine.
When I saw the message my heart stopped and I held my breath until I scrolled down to see my name...
This is a huge deal folks. My last year of nursing, these last two placements are critical for developing skills, getting experience and learning to become a REAL nurse!
Unfortunately for me I had to scroll down three pages before I finally found my name...
I'm at McMaster hospital in the Emergency Room!!! What an amazing opportunity.
And not only that, but it'll be awesome only having to get up 15 minutes before my 7am 12 hour shifts because I live so close. I'm extremely excited and looking forward to the fall!
I can't wait to be Abby from ER.

posted by Rachel Pede @ 8:32 PM   3 comments