Today I saw

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Lilacs, and they reminded me of my mom
Pepsi, and it reminded me of Nathan
A cool dresser, and it reminded me of a friend I’d lost touch with
Trees, and they reminded me of my friend Jenna who is tree planting up north
A pearl necklace, it reminded me of Kristen and Nicki
Tea, it reminded me of Abby
A camera, it reminded me of Aaron
Erin, she reminded me of friendship
A hospital, it reminded me of my nursing friends [and Kristyn]
My bike, it reminded me of my dad’s kindness
A fuzzy scarf, it reminded me of my sister
A skateboard, it reminded me of Pernell
A post-card, it reminded me of my traveling friend Kirsten
Kaelyn, she reminded me of the café
SOTA, and it reminded me of Emma
Soft serve ice cream, and it reminded me of Margie
The book Pride and Prejudice, and it reminded me of Maria
A transcript from BC, it reminded me of Miranda
Someone reading the DaVinci Code, and it reminded me of Natasha
Department of Social Work, it reminded me of Sarah, Jenn (because I always think about the two together I don’t know why… and, Laura (and Nick by association)
The word ‘story’ and it reminded me of Joe and Darryl.

I love that life’s ordinary objects can be special through my eyes as I think about just some of the people they are associated with. The day is not over yet so I hope to something I see will bring your face to my memory.

posted by Rachel Pede @ 5:28 PM   9 comments