New House | New Job | New Girl

Monday, May 08, 2006

You might have seen from Erin’s blog that we are now living at a new location. We moved from a lovely house on Pearl Street to a much cozier house on Ward Avenue, which is pretty much right across the street from the University. [Thank you so much to all who helped us move, we wouldn't have been able to do it without you!] This happens to be great for me because I just got hired full time at McMaster in the Office of the Registrar. So I guess that means that I won’t have many more stories from the Nursing home. For that I am truly sorry, I know that is why most of you now read my blog...hahaha, I roped you all in and now you have got nothing but me. For that I am truly sorry. I intend to work some weekends so I can keep my nursing home job, but right now things are crazy and I won’t be able to do that anytime soon. At my new job I am the new girl. AGAIN. In fact, the people at the office just call me ‘new girl’. In fact, one of the ladies I work with stopped me as I walked by and apologized for not even knowing me real name. I am ‘new girl.’ And what does ‘new girl’ do all day? File paper. I have a huge stack of paper and I put each piece into one file in a giant section of University files. Have I seen your grades? Possibly. Can I change them? No, sorry. I wish. Then I’d have an excellent side business wouldn’t I? I hate my new job. I feel like I do nothing that makes a difference in the world. But how can I complain when I make 14$ an hour for putting pieces of paper into numerical order. I try to listen to music so if you have any great songs you’d like me to hear, make me a mixed CD. I’d greatly appreciate it as it helps pass the time.
I’m also going to summer school. Why do I do this to myself? To have more time for all you wonderful Hamiltonians next year, in what may possibly be my last year in Hamilton. I’m working hard to reduce my course load to minimum full time status so that I have as much time for fun things. I’m feeling swamped at the moment with all these new changes and new beginnings. One thing I am thankful for is that Erin is still here in Hamilton. We’re sharing a room now. Although I haven’t slept much this past week, I still wouldn’t change the fact that Erin and I are roommates. She is so wonderful and I’m thankful for how she’s helping me to get through this busy time. I haven’t blogged in awhile, so I figured I should update everyone on what is going on with me! One last new exciting thing is that Nathan is now officially in Hamilton for the summer. I am so thankful. It’s a lot different having him here, normally we suffer from the long distance relationship blues, but I love seeing him normally. It makes me smile. I am thankful for the new even though I was comfortable with the old because new is exciting. I’m excited for this summer…out with the old, in with the new.

posted by Rachel Pede @ 12:34 AM   4 comments