Nerdface

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Tuesdays and Thursdays I have night class.
I'm taking this really easy Anthropology class.
1. Because I absolutely love anthropology
2. It's interesting (Indo-European mythology)
3. I'm guaranteed a great mark

Tonight we had our third test in class.
I've noticed a trend.
At the beginning of the semester, almost everyone goes to school.
Gradually people stop going to class.
We haven't had a test in about a week and a half. And so lately in my lectures there have been 25 people, if that.

Tonight there were almost 100 people taking the test.
After the test was over, I went for a walk to wait for the lecture.
Guess how many people stayed for the lecture? Like 10.
Yes, I was one of those ten.
How ridiculous am I?

I can't help it.
It's who I am.
I will sit in class even when no one else will.
I want to learn.
I am a nerd.
I've faced this realization today.

posted by Rachel Pede @ 10:18 PM   3 comments