I’m a loser

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

So last night I was really tired from a long day. I actually fell asleep around 9pm. I’m in University and I went to bed before my parents. Goodness. I justified it with the knowledge that I would have to wake up for work at about 6am and I needed my sleep.

I get to work around 6:15 and work til about 8 when we realized I actually wasn’t scheduled for today. I guess I wrote down the wrong day. What a loser I am. They like me I guess so they decided to pay me for the time and send me home. So here I am, at home at 8am when I should have been still in bed.

But the best part is that in the 2 hours or so I was there a few funny things happened…


I was in charge of pouring the juice for breakfast. I made sure everyone got what they needed and went to do the coffee rounds.
Lady: hey Nurse, my cup has a hole in the bottom.
Me: Really? Oh no.
Lady: Yes, I need some more juice.
Me: Sure thing, let me see that cup.
Lady: Here you go. Thank you.
Me: Hey…..inspecting the cup…there is no hole here.
Lady: I know, but now I’ve got some more juice.

Man reaches out and grabs, not my arm, as I pass by in the hallway.
I look back astonished.
He waves.

Funny old man looks at me with a goofy grin.
Funny old man passes gas quite loudly in the hallway.
Funny old man looks at me again and asks “what was that sound?�

Not bad for 2 hours….

posted by Rachel Pede @ 8:09 AM   1 comments