GRRRR

Saturday, April 22, 2006

I’m feeling grumpy today. It’s not fun to work when you’re feeling a bit under the weather. Plus, no one will take my shift tomorrow so I can go to FRWY, and it made me even grumpier. This will be two weeks in a row I’ve missed…
Today is Abby’s birthday and tomorrow is Miranda’s and I know Paige’s is sometime this weekend too. I want to give them all birthday hugs, but I guess I’ll have to wait and just be content with a blog birthday wish. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
At least my residents could make me smile…

Me: What can I get you to drink?
Lady: What do you got?
Me: Milk, water, juice, tea and coffee.
Lady: You got any beer?
Me: Nope.
Lady: Check the fridge will you, I feel like a cold one.

Funny man: How many days in a year?
Me: Um, let me think…365, and 366 in a leap year.
Funny man: Nope, just 7, they just keep reusing them over and over…

Wandering lady: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Me: No what?
Wandering lady: I won’t do it.
Me: huh?
Wandering lady: Leave me alone or I’ll scream.
I back away. Wandering lady: That’s right, I told you.

Confused man: I’m hungry
Me: okay, I’ll see what I can find.
Confused man proceeds to pick up and throw anything he can find…
Me: That won’t make the food get to you any faster.
Confused man: At least it’ll clear a place for it.

Cute lady telling me her life story.
Me: hey, my grandma was born in Manitoba too.
Cute lady: What’s your name again dear?
Me: It’s Rachel.
Cute lady: Oh, I knew a Rachel out west, but not as pretty as you.
I like her.

Hard of hearing woman: Hey, you know our waitress? (She means me)
Other girls at the table: Yeah?
Hard of hearing woman: She’s going to be a nurse.
Other girl: What’s she doing here?
I interrupt.
Me: I love working here with you ladies.
Hard of hearing woman: Oh, good thing we didn’t say anything bad about her, that one can hear!

Me: Eat up dear. You need to finish your dinner.
Confused lady: No!
Me: Why not, here try some potatoes.
Confused lady: I’m scared of them.
Me: Why?
Confused lady:They’ve got ears don’t you know…

posted by Rachel Pede @ 10:14 PM   3 comments