Back at work

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Funny lady: What’s your name dear? (She asks me 5 times a day)
Me: It’s Rachel.
Funny lady: Mitchell?? That’s an odd name for a girl.
Me: No, it’s Ray—chel…Rachel.
Funny lady: Okay Mitchell, whatever you say.

Nice man: Thank you so much dear, you are the sweetest.
Me: Is there anything else I can help you with sir?
Nice man: I’d really like a shave.
Me: sure, let’s do that right now.
I get everything set up, like the Gillette commercials…
Nice man: Hey, you’re a pro.
Me: Thanks, I’ve never done this before…
Nice man [now wide eyed and scared] Uh, maybe you should get someone else…

I bring a cute old man his lunch plate and he recites me a poem, something about peas and honey, how adorable. Watch out Nathan.

Me: How was your lunch sir?
Old man: Great.
Me: Can I take that plate away for you?
Old man: You can take me away with you…

Me: Good morning dear, time to wake up.
Tired Elderly lady: No.
Me: It’s almost breakfast; you don’t want to miss out. I bet it’s delicious
Tired Elderly lady: I bet it’s crap.
Me: Oh no, come on now.
Tired Elderly lady: If you pull off my covers I’ll spit on you…
I back away…

Hard of hearing Man: Nurse, can you bring me my gotchees?
Me: Gotchees?? (no idea what he’s talking about)
I bring him his clothes for the day…
Hard of hearing Man: No, my gotchees.
I try again, I bring him his socks.
Hard of hearing Man: I want my damn gotchees, what are you deaf?

(Side bar- gotchees are underwear…in case you ever needed to know)





posted by Rachel Pede @ 3:25 PM   5 comments