Crazy Week

Thursday, March 16, 2006

This is a bit of an update.
Saturday- My equally as addicted to Amazing Race friend Brendon and I entered the McMaster edition of the Amazing Race. We had to run all over campus for the morning and solve clues and complete tasks. It was incredible and the BEST part was that we WON! First place. (and 100$ to boot). Nathan thinks I should drop out of Nursing and enter Amazing Races…that would be my dream come true. I’m addicted to this season already and love those hippie guys.

Sunday- my lovely family came to surprise me. MY WHOLE FAMILY. Mom, Dad, Sister and her fiancé, and my Nathan. Fun family times. It was the best, plus my dad took us all out for dinner, so free food on top of great company, how can you beat that? Then they all came to the FRWY which was just as awesome as the free food and leftovers I got to take home.

All throughout this week I’ve been doing tours at the University for high school students since it is their March break. I am so sick of smiling and telling them nice things about McMaster, but someone’s got to do it, and plus I get paid to talk and smile, two of the things I do best.

I have so many projects and presentations due because I don’t have any final exams. So that means that every thing is due in these next two weeks…like 160% of my grade(s)! Crazy. So needless to say, I’m quite busy. Although, at this moment, there is exactly only two more weeks of school left until I’ve finished 3rd year and am a free woman! I can’t wait.

Discussion night was on Wednesday and Susan made chili…MMMMM…I love Susan and her excellent cooking. I also got to meet Randy’s parents who were visiting for a few days. His dad is working at a church in Sarnia right now so that was awesome to get to know them, they are cool people, but should I have expected anything less…NOPE! Randy gave us an art lesson and I learned a lot about looking for the meaning behind what I see…seeing Jesus without something tangible to base it on. It was a great time.

Clinical today. Not as bad as I thought it might be. I came up with some creative activities for the patients to pass the time more quickly. To all who are continually praying for me, thank you SO MUCH, I think I’m going to pass! Only two more weeks to go.

Friday I have a tour in the morning and then I work nights at the nursing home. But then I work all Saturday at the University into another night shift at the nursing home…LOOONG weekend. Sunday is going to be a day full of group meetings for two HUGE presentations on Monday. So it is B–U-S-Y…Say a quick prayer for me if you have some time, I know everyone else is probably busy too, it’s that time of year.

posted by Rachel Pede @ 6:43 PM   2 comments