My first day at work

Saturday, February 11, 2006

On Monday I got a job at a Nursing home, working as a casual PSW. I've never really had a REAL job before so this is exciting.
I had my very first orientation shift today...I had to write down a couple of anecdotes; they'll make your day.


Little old lady: Hey, what’s your name?
Me: Hi, I’m Rachel, I’m new, today’s my very first day.
Little old lady: Well, you stole my baby.
Me: [shocked] What baby?
Little old lady: My baby, the one you stole.
Me: Uh, you’re an old lady, you don’t have a baby.
Little old lady: Yes, I do, she’s six months old.
Me: Oh, okay, well you sit tight and I’ll go find her for you.
Little old lady: Oh, thank you, you’re a dear.

Me: Hi, sir, what’s your name?
Sleepy man: I can’t remember, come back later.

Me: Okay sir, let’s get you ready for bed.
Old man: Okay, sounds good
Me: Alright, I’ll just need you to stand up so we can get your pj’s on.
Old man: Can I bite you?
Me: No thanks, I don’t think I’d like that
Old man: I’d like that
Me: Well, would you like to be bitten?
Old man: no, but I like to bite. Can I bite you?

Me: Alright dear, have another bite of meatball…
Lady: (Inaudible grunt) Incoherent ramblings……. BOO!

Old feisty lady: Nurse…Nurse!
Me: Yes, what can I do for you?
Old feisty lady: I want to go home!
Me: Oh, well dear, this is your home. See, this is your bed and your room, your name’s right here.
Old feisty lady: No, this isn’t where I live! Take me home.
Me: Well, I can’t do that at the moment…
Old feisty lady: Take me home you BLEEP. BLEEP. BLEEP…………………BLEEP.

Shift two is on Sunday morning. I can't wait!!!

posted by Rachel Pede @ 1:54 AM   4 comments