Love like a Child

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

"What is love?"
A group of professional people posed this question to a group of 4 to 8 year olds, and here are some of their answers...

"Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other." -Karl, age 5-

"Love is when you go out to eat and give somebody most of your French fries without making them give you any of theirs." -Chrissy, age 6-

"Love is what's in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen." -Bobby, age 7-

"Love is when Mommy gives Daddy the best piece of chicken." -Elaine, age 5-

"My mommy loves me more than anybody. You don't see anyone else kissing me to sleep at night." -Clare, age 6-

"I know my older sister loves me because she gives me all her old clothes and has to go out and buy new ones." -Lauren, age 4-

"Love is when my mommy makes coffee for my daddy and she takes a sip before giving it to him, to make sure the taste is okay." -Danny, age 7-

"When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You just know that your name is safe in their mouth." -Billy, age 4-

"Love is when you kiss all the time. Then when you get tired of kissing, you still want to be together and you talk more. My Mommy and D addy are like that. They look gross when they kiss" -Emily, age 8-

"You really shouldn't say 'I love you' unless you mean it. But if you mean it, you should say it a lot. People forget." -Jessica, age 8-

"If you want to learn to love better, you should start with a friend who you hate," -Nikka, age 6-

Happy Valentine's Day!

posted by Rachel Pede @ 10:18 PM   0 comments