F.L.O.R.I.D.A.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Day Two. Update.
We've been in Florida for a few days now and just wanted to post what's been going on so far.
The first day we spent the WHOLE day travelling. Our first flight was delayed an hour or so, which was fine, but that meant that our connection would be tight. We ran off the plane and had like 30 minutes to make it to the next terminal to gate A9. So we run and get there as they are boarding the plane. Nathan decides he's hungry and goes to Burger King and smuggles burgers on board and convinces me it's illegal so I sit there hiding my burger while he laughs. Funny boy.
We finally get to Florida and our suitcases don't. That was kindof annoying because contrary to the voice in my head that sounds alot like my dad telling me to pack extra clothes in my carry-on just in case, I didn't. Silly me. I should have listened. All we had was jeans and Florida is NOT jean weather during the day.
Monday we just relaxed around this beautiful house. We really couldn't do much without our clothes. We called the airline and they said our luggage would be there in 4-6 hours. HA. We waited and waited by the pool so that made things more manageable... and finally 5 hours later, our luggage arrived. Thank goodness. We went for a drive around the area to see some of the more popular tourist attractions with Nathan's grandparents and that was really fun. That night we had the biggest supper ever and then played games. I have never laughed so hard playing Uno Attack with Nathan's grandma watching her reaction to the pile of cards that would come shooting out at her. Hilarious.
Tuesday (today) Nathan and I spent the day at the beach. We drove down to Clearwater and went to a few beaches. It was the best day yet. I love the feeling coming home from a day at the beach, sea shells clanking together in my pocket. So fun. Tomorrow should be great too. I have to go play more Uno now so I'll update again later. I miss you all, but I'm having too much fun to be sad. Love you.

posted by Rachel Pede @ 8:51 PM   3 comments