I have a brother (in-law)

Monday, July 31, 2006

Saturday July 29th was my little sister's wedding day!
I can't believe that Danielle is married. She is now Danielle Robb; Mrs Robb!
What a weekend. I feel like everything went by in a blur.
An outdoor wedding is quite a lot of work, but definitely very beautiful



The wedding took place at Mike Weir Park in Sarnia (Bright's Grove). We had the ceremony on the beach and then the reception under the pavillion that we so beautifully decorated.
Danielle looked absolutely beautiful in her wedding dress, and I finally got to wear my dress. Even though it was so hot outside I didn't mind wearing black.



The ceremony was great and I didn't mess it up on any of my parts. I didn't realize that I was responsible for taking care of a ring and luckily I didn't lose it...like I normally would. It is probably the first and last time I will ever be a maid of honor and so I wanted it to be perfect for my sister. I thought everything went beautifully and soon the ceremony was over and they were officially married!
After many, many pictures (Danielle married a photographer) we finally got to get the party/reception started. I was excited all day for delicious steak. The cake looked great too, they designed the whole thing to look like a sand castle. Cute.



I was super nervous for my speech and I practiced in my head the whole dinner. One thing that was a bit weird at the wedding was looking out at the guests and only knowing half of them. But just a lot of more fun people to get to know I guess.
Anyway, after the dinner and speeches, Danielle and Aaron had their first dance as a married couple. It's funny because neither one had ever really danced before.



Nathan did a great job as the emcee for the evening and I was glad he was there. He was a huge help and just a heck of a lot of fun. He posted all the pictures he took on his blog if you're curious to see more.
Looking forward to hanging out with the newly weds when they come back from their honeymoon up north at a cottage. All in all, it was a busy but great weekend with the family, and I finally have the brother I've always wanted!

posted by Rachel Pede @ 8:59 AM   10 comments